Connect with us
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled
• For new and raised beds, borders, rockeries, vegetable plots and levelling lawns
• Sterilised weed free formula
• Added organic matter
• Balanced natural feed and nutrients
• Absorbs and retains moisture
Vital Earth Top Soil is expertly formulated from high quality weed free, screened and sterilised soil, specially composted garden waste and Vital Earth Plant Food, to meet the British Standard for
Premium Top Soil (BS 3882:2007).
Vital Earth Top Soil is perfect for creating new gardens, rockeries, levelling lawns and raised flower or vegetable beds. It can be used on its own or mixed with compost, such as Vital Earth Soil Improver to provide perfect growing conditions for a wide range of plants. Rich in humus and organic nutrients, Vital Earth Top Soil holds moisture well and is slow to starve out.
How to Use Vital Earth Top Soil
Creating New Gardens
• Clear away any rubbish, rubble and large stones and fork over existing soil
• Tread in to remove air pockets and break lumps
• Spread out Vital Earth Top Soil generously across all areas where plants are to be grown, including the lawn area
• Rake level
• As you build your rockery, work Vital Earth Top Soil between the rocks to act as a planting medium
• Vital Earth Top Soil may be mixed with grit for plants requiring sharp drainage
Levelling a Lawn
• Apply a thin layer (5-10mm) of Vital Earth Top Soil into any hollows on the lawn ensuring
grass tips remain visible
• If necessary, brush out or rake away any excess
• Repeat every autumn until the lawn is perfectly level
For best results use Vital Earth Plant Food.
Suggested Quantities for Vital Earth Lawn Dressing
A 1mm layer is equivalent to 1 litre/m2.
A 10mm layer is equivalent to 10 litres/m2.
A 5mm layer over 50m2 is equivalent to 250 litres (ie 10 x 25 litre packs).
• Ideally, use within a year of purchase
• As with all gardening activities, please wash your hands after use and/or wear gloves
• Re-seal bag when not in use
• Store in a dry, frost free place, away from weed-killers and other chemicals
• To avoid danger of suffocation, please keep this bag away from babies and children
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled and Sustainable. All ingredients are British sourced, natural with no added chemicals.
This product is not suitable for ericaceous plants such as Rhododendrons, Azaleas, Camellias, Heathers and most Acers. Use Vital Earth Ericaceous Organic Compost