Connect with us
Tub and Basket Organic Compost
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled Compost
• Use with containers, tubs, hanging baskets and window boxes
• Added natural wetting agent to ease watering
• Extra natural long-lasting feed encourages big beautiful blooms
Vital Earth Tub and Basket Peat Free Organic Compost is made from completely organic, peat free materials, including a natural wetting agent that helps retain moisture and reduces the need for watering. It is ideal for all kinds of hanging basket and container planting, both summer and winter.
Based on specially composted garden waste, Vital Earth Tub and Basket Peat Free Organic Compost also contains Vitalizer: an entirely natural, long-lasting growth-booster, giving strong healthy plants and prolific blooms, with minimal feeding.
How to Use Vital Earth Tub and Basket Organic Compost
• Line hanging basket
• Fill basket/container with Vital Earth Tub and Basket Organic Compost and plant up, leaving approximately 1cm (½") for watering
• Water thoroughly and do not allow your basket / container to dry out
• Choose a pot large enough to accommodate the root ball and partly fill with Vital Earth Tub and Basket Compost
• Water the plant thoroughly, then remove it from its pot
• Place the root-ball in the new pot and fill around the sides, leaving approximately 1cm (½") for watering and firming gently to eliminate air spaces
• Water thoroughly
To tell when watering is needed, poke the compost surface with a finger. If the surface is soft, watering is not needed. If it is firm, watering is needed soon. As Vital Earth Tub and Basket Compost dries out, natural organic substances (humates) bind the root-ball, making it feel firm. This is a natural harmless effect: in fact, it helps to protect the root-ball during potting on and planting out.
Vital Earth Tub and Basket Organic Compost will give basket and container plants all the goodness they need for the first six to eight weeks, after which one application of Vital Earth Plant Food will keep plants fed for the rest of the season.
Suggested Quantities for Vital Earth Tub and Basket Organic Compost
• Ideally, use within a year of purchase
• As with all gardening activities, please wash your hands after use and/or wear gloves
• Re-seal bag when not in use
• Store in a dry, frost free place, away from weed-killers and other chemicals
• To avoid danger of suffocation, please keep this bag away from babies andchildren
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled and Sustainable. All ingredients are British sourced, natural with no added chemicals.
This product is not suitable for ericaceous plants such as Rhododendrons, Azaleas, Camellias, Heathers and most Acers. Use Vital Earth Ericaceous Organic Compost