Connect with us
Vegetable Organic Compost
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled Compost
• Ideal for growing vegetables and salads
• Natural balanced feed and nutrients
• Enhanced cropping and flavour
• Grow your own!
Vital Earth Organic Vegetable Compost has been developed specially for growing a wide range of vegetables in containers.
Made from composted garden waste and other sustainable
UK materials, it provides an ideal medium for healthy growth
and hearty cropping. The organic nutrients reduce the need
to feed and enhance the flavour of, for example, tomatoes.
Vital Earth Organic Vegetable Compost is ideal for a wide range of crops including new potatoes, dwarf beans, spinach, courgettes, lettuce and salad leaves, tomatoes, cabbage, beetroot, carrots and herbs.
How to Use Vital Earth Organic Vegetable Compost Potatoes
• One tuber per 30cm (12") pot
• Raise or buy transplants
• Follow advised spacing
• Use dwarf varieties where applicable
• For ease of watering/feeding, use drained containers at least as big as a standard size bucket
To tell when watering is needed, poke the compost surface with a finger. If the surface is soft, watering is not needed. If it is firm, watering is needed soon. As Vital Earth Vegetable Compost dries out, natural organic substances (humates) bind the root-ball, making it feel firm. This is a natural harmless effect: in fact, it helps to protect the root-ball during potting on and planting out.
The nutrients in Vital Earth Vegetable Compost will keep your crops well fed for 6-8 weeks. Then use Vital Earth Plant Food: a totally organic long-lasting plant food from which only two applications will sustain your crops all season. Just top-dress around the plants, water in and let nature do the rest!
Suggested Quantities for Vital Earth Vegetable Organic Compost
30cm/12”/10 Litre Pots
• Ideally, use within a year of purchase
• As with all gardening activities, please wash your hands after use and/or wear gloves
• Re-seal bag when not in use
• Store in a dry, frost free place, away from weed-killers and other chemicals
• To avoid danger of suffocation, please keep this bag away from babies andchildren
Peat Free, Organic, Recycled and Sustainable. All ingredients are British sourced, natural with no added chemicals.
This product is not suitable for ericaceous plants such as Rhododendrons, Azaleas, Camellias, Heathers and most Acers. Use Vital Earth Ericaceous Organic Compost